Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Farewell Greece

All good things must come to an end and I’m also pretty sure I’m the last one in the country. I didn’t realize just how much I loved Greece until I spent this past month immersed in the culture (and the food). I’m gonna try and keep this quick but I wanted to thank everyone for making this study abroad program so memorable and life changing. Having the opportunity to learn about geopolitics, democracy, and energy from an international perspective in a case study state has been a highlight of my academic career. Devin had mentioned the “Vamvakas effect” previously: having the ability to experience a once in a lifetime experience multiple times. Between this program and Thucydides I’ve had to the opportunity to learn about both Ancient and Modern Greece. Thank you to everyone who made this trip possible in Boston, Athens, Alikianos, and Nicosia. Goodbye for now Greece.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment