Saturday, June 15, 2019

Goodbye Crete. See ya in 10!

Since the moment I landed at the airport I felt like I landed in Armenia. The mountains with snow-covered tops and the overall landscape remind me of home. Crete is truly a magical place because of the people, the culture, the food and the climate. The people of the village and generally everyone has treated us amazingly with open hearts as if they’ve known us for a long time. This truly is one of the biggest blessings one can get. I never could imagine a place where I would swim in warm waters with palm trees around me looking up to a beautiful mountain covered in snow. I enjoy every moment of this trip even when I complain. Whether it was the 11-mile long gorge or the ancient archaeological sites, I know I am truly lucky to see all of these amazing places. I am sad to have to say goodbye to Crete, but I know I will return in the future. I am thankful to everyone that I’ve had the honor to share this trip with and to everyone that has made this happen. A special thank you, of course, goes to my Professor, Dr Vamvakas, who has put together this program. Without his hard work, this would have not been possible. I am very excited to continue this journey with my group and see how the rest of the trip unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment