Saturday, June 25, 2016

Despite the heat today, it was very interesting to learn about the Minoan culture. I was extremely surprised about how advanced their technology was (especially how they kept their brows on fleek). I had previously known about Theseus' story, but a different side of it. What I had previously learned was that he went to defeat the Minotaur and was successful. However, he was too drunk to remember to change the color of the ship's sails which would allow his father, King Aegeus, to see if he had lived or died. The sails signified that he had died which resulted in his father throwing himself into the sea. The Aegean Sea is named after him because of this. I was very interested to learn about why Theseus went to defeat the minotaur, and what it is believed he was like. Great excursion but I was happy to leave to go to the beach.

If you're wondering this is Sara :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment