Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The most interesting thing that I found in the geopolitics lesson was the reason that Europe was able to expand and conquer so much more was out of necessity rather than any sort of European superiority. Although ideals like racism and the such are obviously ridiculous and outdated, I feel like I truly understand to a larger extent now why European civilizations had managed to do what they did. I had previously heard of a book called Guns, Germs, and Steel, which had touched on those subjects and made a similar argument, although I have never had the pleasure of reading it. Now that I feel like I understand this better, I would like to look further in depth into this subject because I think that it is a phenomenal first step to combatting bigotry that plagues so much of our world, primarily the ones in the United States and Western Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment