Saturday, June 25, 2016

post 2













Hello, It’s me…
Even though I’ve barely slept this past week, Chania and this program has been a blast! Going to the beach everyday is really improving my swimming skills, which I’ve acquired only 3 days ago (thanks, Collin). My favorite thing so far has to be the traditional Greek festival we had at the institute. I loved dressing up in traditional Greek garb with my lady pals, jumping over fires, dancing all night, and figuring out what my future husband is like. When the girls were getting fitted for the outfits, we all felt silly wearing 4 layers of clothing. I was a little nervous that people would mistake me for a man. However, when we arrived back at the institute, we were overwhelmed by all the compliments we received about how beautiful we looked. One of the women at the institute told us that the reason we are dressed like that was because Cretan women are very strong and powerful. And I totally agree! The women I’ve met here are like superhuman. There isn’t a thing they can’t do. Anyways, It was quite a night. I really felt welcomed and loved by the local community. I think if we stayed behind, we could totally get Bravo to start “Real Housewives of Crete” starring all of us.
Today, we went to the palace of Knossos, where King Minos peacefully ruled the Minoans. I loved touring around the ruins and further learning about the Minotaur and Labyrinth. I was surprised how advanced the ancient Greeks were! Who knew they were keeping their eyebrows on fleek since 1380 BC?!
I’m going to catch up on some sleep tonight so peace out girl/boy/eagle scouts!

Tess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment