Saturday, June 25, 2016

Recap for the past week: 
On June 16th I arrived in Athens after six days in Rome. I got into the first cab available and luckily I got wonderful driver. He immediately began correcting my greek but beyond that he pointed out major tourist sites. My first impression was how much more modern Athens was in comparison. I was not necessarily expecting crumbling marble on every corner but after the ornate architecture in Rome I was expecting more details in the buildings. Once I got to the hotel and met up with everyone my next observation was how good ALL the food was. Thanks to Petros for ordering twenty plates for 6 people, and thanks to the Greeks for the endless bread baskets. 
Overall Athens was a great start to the trip and getting to know everybody. 
Catch y'all on the flip side 

No comments:

Post a Comment