Monday, June 11, 2018

Am I a Goat Now Question Mark - June 9 2018

Following a roughly 10 mile hike that lasted approximately five and a half hours, I decided it would be a good idea to climb up a mountain almost immediately after. In addition to Dr. Vamvakas, nine of us embarked on the journey up the mountain. The path was narrow and borderline nonexistent, traversed by goats and not much else. Our hiking party split into two soon in and I managed to keep up pace with Dr. Vamvakas and his cohort for a little while longer, but eventually I fell behind. Turns out the trip up a steep goat trial after a 10 mile hike was quite exhausting. I trailed behind them, stopping and starting whenever I found shade, until they were out of view. Getting to the top of what would come to be affectionately known as goat mountain was a process, to say the very least. There were times I had to literally walk on all fours to make it up rocks where the pathway had dissipated. However, after a lot of stopping and starting I reached the top of the goat path. I passed the pine tree that had previously attacked Faarooq and made it to the Ottoman castle. The tower-esq structure was built on the top of the mountain overlooking Samaria Village and the Mediterranean Ocean. The view was unreal. After I took it in and snapped a few pictures, I plopped myself down in the doorway and promptly fell asleep. Three of the five who split off from us soon after we started made their way to the top and together as a group we took in the view and chatted about our accomplishments. All in all it was a very rewarding experience and a start to a phenomenal weekend. We made our way down goat mountain Once again I had to summon my inner-goat to make it down the steep path. Dr. Vamvakas referred to us as his "little goats" as we journeyed down, solidifying that while I was climbing up and down goat mountain I had, in fact, become a goat. At least I was one mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment