Thursday, June 7, 2018

Week 1 Post 1

Welcome to Europe!! And what a welcome it has been. Having never have left the country before this trip I had no idea what to expect and what the differences would be or how they would affect me. The biggest difference for me has been the eating schedule. In the U.S. I regular only eat two meals a day one at noon and one around 6. Compare this to Greece where lunch isn’t served until 3 or 4 and dinner can take place as late as 10. The importance of a good breakfast has never been more important and thankfully there are many great options. The effect of this new eating schedule has made it seem like the days just seem to fly buy. By the time classes end and we have eaten lunch, the first real meal of the day, its 3 in the afternoon and I realize that I’m exhausted. However, the day is only just beginning. Going to the beach each afternoon has defiantly been the highlight of each day but this doesn’t take away from the great discussions that have been taking place in class. The small class size and everyone being fully committed to academics has made more a much more enjoyable class experience than typically found at Emmanuel. This really has me exited for the coming weeks and the discussions will only get better as everyone gets a better understanding of the history and importance of this area. This trip if off to a great success and I can't wait for the coming weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment