Tuesday, June 26, 2018

confessions of a teenage drama queen

Hi howdy hello! Today was probably one of my top 5 favorite days so far. It was really great to have the opportunity to get a lecture from Dr. Kulich. One of my favorite parts of this trip has been hearing opinions from a wide range of people. We heard from professors and professionals from Cyprus, Athens, and Crete. These lectures offer a wider range of analysis than we would get if this class was taught at Emmanuel.
After classes, we headed down to Chania. Celia and I found the coolest shop that was selling all sorts of Greek-myth related items. I got to do shopping for my friends and family (and also me because treat yourself ammirite ladies). I realized how lucky I am to have so many people back home who are excited for me to come back, but I also really don't want to go back. I don't want these times to become just memories, and I cannot believe how fast this month has gone by. I really thought I would feel homesick on this trip, but because of all the amazing people here, I really haven't wanted to go home. I love it here, and I love all these people. I probably never would have met, or become friends with, most of the people here if it weren't for this trip. To me, these friendships will be one of the best takeaways of this trip. I'm really grateful for the opportunity to interact with and learn from the amazing people on this trip. Reflecting on these past few weeks, I wouldn't change a thing. Till next time.

Fin.
XX Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment