Monday, June 11, 2018

the non-private journal entry



June 10th, I was sitting on the pier in the town Agia Roumeli. After our shared meal, I went to write for a bit and wrote the beginning of a poem from my journal. I thought I would share it because I enjoy the way it reads aloud. It's just the beginning, and it may have a sad tone, but the next portion I am working on has the "turn around/ transition" to the more light-hearted voice. 

Here is my untitled poem that I will continue eventually. Hopefully within the next few weeks (or months):

earlier I was dying in the sea,
swallowed whole with waterlogged lung,
mouthing the words of pleas and hymns of the dying breed

only in my winter bones,
i found sand and weeds of summer’s song,
left behind and polluted

it's all residue,
salt on skin,

taste in mouth

[to be continued]

No comments:

Post a Comment