Monday, June 12, 2017

All Roads Lead to Rhodes

As with most aspects of this trip, I had no idea what to expect with coming to Rhodes. And as with every other thing that I have experienced thus far, I have been pleasantly surprised. Of course I have felt like an ignorant fool that neglected to prepare for class during every tour that we have had so far since every piece of information that is being fed to us is new to me, but it has all been fascinating to hear about.
One of the things that has struck me was has been the profound level of tourist culture in this area. It is definitely an island that thrives off tourism and aims to feed it. I am not too crazy about that, and it makes me miss Alikianos and the more sincere culture that I felt there. But here it feels so much more like history is gripping every aspect of the city. And the cats seem a little bit more well fed here as well.
Rhodes in conjunction with Alikianos is a huge change over. I need to experience a little bit more of it before I think I can really write a good comparison of the two but for now I am excited for the remaining time that we have left on this island.

No comments:

Post a Comment