Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Monastery Visit

When I heard that we were going to a monastery I have to admit that my first reaction was not the same excitement I have felt for some of our other trips and activities. To my surprise this was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in my life. (I'm not sure why I still get surprised considering every day we end up somewhere even more beautiful than the day before) The Sisters were so gracious and eager to show us around and answer any questions. I was enamored with the beauty of the buildings and the grounds, the beauty of their voices singing in church, and the beauty of their paintings of Icons. I was inspired by how the monastery also had an educational component for children, specifically environmental education. This was refreshing to see because often it feels like science and religion or environmental and religion are pitted against each other. I'm thankful for the opportunity to visit this beautiful place and learn so much in a short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment