Monday, June 5, 2017

Entry #3 6/5/17

The day trip and hike to Samaria has ended since my last entry. The gorge, for lack of a better term, was gorgeous. The hike was enough to make one feel insignificant to the cascading mountains that touched the atmosphere in every direction. After the hike (I was the first to finish, sorry not sorry), I had my first ice cream in Greece, and it may very well have changed my life. An ice cream after a 13 kilometer hike tastes even better than it sounds. However, I did still have a reserve tank of energy that had yet to be tapped into that day. So there I was, hiking an extra kilometer to the Ottoman fort that overlooks Samaria. The steepest climb I've ever seen, I can see how at least some of the Ottomans collapsed. The view of the small village however, was like no other. The small town and black sand beach in the distance on the precipice of the Libyan Sea was worth the pool of sweat I had perspirated. The day after, I took the time to work on my essay in a small cafe with a soda and relax a little bit. I felt productive and was glad to be a part of this weekend. Luckily I wasn't sore by the end, and I could get a good night's sleep. Until next time,
Teddy Miele

No comments:

Post a Comment