Friday, June 23, 2017

My Favorite Day in Greece

Reflecting on the last month here in the Eastern Mediterranean, we done many things that I would've never seen myself doing: hiking the longest gorge in Europe, being able to visit NATO bases,  becoming close with the village people, and etc. Over all these experiences, visiting new places, and becoming immersed in culture in the best way possible, my favorite part of this trip was the day was visited Penelope Gandhi.

The women at Penelope Gandhi showed me what hard work and dedication can bring you. I loved seeing the ideals of a self-sustainable business made by the people for the people. From their old age, these women still worked harder at their job than my parents do something and that’s something I really loved about this day.

The lunch after we had our talk and demonstration showed a lot about Greek culture, it was very moving. To be able to see how this man remembered the small gesture that the American people did for him was unbelievable. It’s crazy how much you can impact someone’s life without even knowing it.

His whole speech about giving and how he giving was how he felt like he showed his thanks was something that has stuck with me. We celebrate holidays like Christmas where all people think about are gifts and material items, but this man has thought of this one thing and has continually acted on it.


My whole point when writing all of this is that you could do one small thing for a person and they can remember it for the rest of their lives. The best part about this is that you might not even know that you did. Like when Sarah nurseda dog back to health and Ioanni took her home. Something as simple as giving someone something they’ve always wanted. Always think of others when doing things on a day to day basis because you might do something that influences someone’s life more than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment