Monday, June 26, 2017

Swan Song of Crete

It's very sad, knowing that for the past month I've spent my life living in Crete with a group of people I only really saw as friends and colleagues. It wasn't until it was over that I realized, that although it was only for a month... We truly were quite the family, and this post serves as a swan song to that family and to that experience. My time spent in Crete saw a lot of change in myself, such as more confidence than ever before in my experience and voicing my opinions. I can now safely say I know what is going on in the Mediterranean, I can say I know what the Eurozone Crisis is; I can say that I have seen things I have only ever dreamt about as a child. Most importantly, I can say that this trip has given me the stepping stone needed to advance into the field I wish to serve in, and that is international relations and diplomacy.
Until next time,
Edward George Bennie

No comments:

Post a Comment