Sunday, June 4, 2017

Post Gorge Thoughts

This weekend has been one of many ups and downs for me personally, yet the second I entered the gorge all those troubles just disappeared. In their absence, I found myself observing nature and taking it all in, in a way I would have never done before. When we finally finished the hike, there was an option to continue onward to the ottoman fort which was another km up. I decided to wait until today to climb the mountain and I did so alone. When I got to the fortress the first thing I noticed was the peaceful silence and absence of any noise besides the wind and the waves from the beach down below. On top of that fort I must have spent a good hour or so just sitting there taking it all in, meaning the fort itself and the views it offered into the distance. As corny as it sounds, when I got up there it was as if I had an out of body experience leaving all my human "ups and downs" behind and just existing within the clouds of this ancient and beloved island. 
Until next time, 
Yours Truly and Sincerely, 
Edward

No comments:

Post a Comment