Friday, June 16, 2017

Entry #5 6/16/17

For the past four days the group was stationed in the city of Rhodes. We began by going on a tour of the old town that has hosted everyone from the Knights of St. John, to Mussolini's fascist regime. The use of sandstone to contruct the walls and the carefully placed stones in the road to prevent cavalry incursions still is a marvel of medieval science. The day then continued to a ride to Lindos and a road tour of the island. The ice bar served mousaka and I learned that I am not a big fan of mousaka. I still appeciate the meal though, as well as the exhilarating conversation that came along with it. The next day consisted of another bus tour with two winery stops and a bee museum. The honey was delicious as was the pricing of the souvenir shop. The days in Rhodes went by like minutes, as classes at Aegean University were followed by cheap gyros and long walks. Not to say the most touristy thing ever, but once I got past the tourist part of town, I really enjoyed and appreciated my time on the island. Travel yesterday was long, subsequently leading to my nap today, but I was really happy to be received so well by the people of Crete. I am excited for our trip to Cyprus tomorrow, and expect to learn about an entirely new culture. Until next time, 
Teddy Miele 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment