Friday, June 21, 2019

A Few Days in Sicily (Post 9)

I’ve said this a million times and I’ll say it again, I’ve developed such a new appreciation for beauty while being here. While driving up to the site of the volcano it was hard to take in every little thing that we drove past but I tried my best to appreciate all that I did see. After visiting the beautiful ~active~ volcano we went to visit Taormina which was yet another beautiful place to see. Walking down the streets I am surrounded by beautiful alleyways and views of water that is crystal clear. It’s a different type of beauty than the one I experience at home. Being here I have been able to both learn and experience the beauty I am surrounded by which wasn’t a lesson I thought I was going to learn when coming on this program. These few days in Sicily have been such a great experience and I am so glad that it was added to the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment