Monday, June 10, 2019

The Gorge

The Gorge was a breathtaking experience. Before going to the Gorge I was very worried that I would not be able to walk the 14km. Once I got to the Gorge and saw the beautiful view, I knew that all of it would be worth it. Going through the first half of the Gorge I focused mostly on taking in the view and being at one with nature. Once we started the second half of the Gorge I felt challenged. Walking over the rocks I felt as if I would fall into the water every time, and also walking across the bridges I was worried that I would fall, but I did not. In fact, the Gorge was not as physically challenging as I convinced myself it would be beforehand. Being able to cross the line and finish and realize that I had just done the longest Gorge made me feel very proud of myself. I would come back every year if I could and do the Gorge because the view and the feeling of accomplishment after doing so is something I cannot put to words.

No comments:

Post a Comment