Thursday, June 20, 2019

Change in Scenery


These last few days have been very overwhelming and stressful for me, and I assume also many of the other students on this group. Though, this does not mean that some stress is not a good thing. We went from a very small village in Alikianos to Sicily, in which it feels like time never stops. I think one reason I feel as though I am in a much faster pace here in Catania is due to the amount of events we try and fit in the few days that we have. While in Alikianos we had a much more flexible time span, but here, since we want to fit in as much as possible, the time seems to be going very fast. Though, I do not mind this because we are able to see beautiful places and are very blessed to be able to have the opportunity to go to different historical sites and talk about past issues that have risen there. Many people stated that time runs faster here, but I have started thinking maybe it is not that time runs faster, but because we have so much more to do within the day, we feel as if the time is running faster. Though, this post is to show how thankful I am to be able to go to all these places within just the few days we have, and that this fast pace will not last for us forever, so we should enjoy it while we still can because soon we will be wishing we were back in Alikianos and Catania instead of being in the United States. 

No comments:

Post a Comment