Tuesday, June 11, 2019

The Past 3 days...


The trip so far has been great for me however emotionally it has been highly demanding of me. Coming from Boston to Alikianos has definitely pushed me outside of my comfort zone. For the past three days especially I have been dealing with many difficulties and have been generally very tired throughout the day. Dealing with it is very hard, especially since many of the people don’t knowme well but two people have helped me a lot. My roommate Yasmin has helped me greatly and Professor Vamvakas as well. I am usually not great at dealing with my personal issues but speaking with both Yasmin and Dr. Vamvakas has helped me to get through it. I really try not to bring my personal problems into the program, but it’s very hard considering that everyone is always with each other all the time. Privacy is something
that I have forgotten about but it’s a good thing, at least for me because it keeps me distracted from my issues and makes me focus on the courses which are my priorities as of today. In any case, I know that many more emotional challenges are going to come my way but I know that at least here I have people who I can talk to and that
I know care about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment