Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Very Nice (Post 8)

While sitting around the table eating pizzas with everyone after a long day I can’t help but reflect on how amazing today was. We started off the day at a breathtaking Monastery that was turned into a University but also keeping the unique characteristics that it once had. Watching students in the hallways of this beautiful place, waiting for exams, was a strange thing to see but it’s good to see they are taking advantage of the beauty. Later in the day we went to visit a refugee camp, which was probably my favorite part of the entire trip. Getting the opportunity to hear such brave people talk about their experience about coming to Catania was like nothing I’ve heard before. It’s hard to put into words how I felt while hearing this but it was just incredible. Listening to the refugees around us in a circle talk about everything they’ve gone through was inspiring and something I will never forget. The opportunities we’ve had and people we’ve met will be something I’ll always remember, especially this day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment