Thursday, June 13, 2019

Pick Your Poison: Sleep or Coffee (Post 6)

Everyone has a particular appreciation for different things. For me, I appreciate sleep and is something that I love, need and crave. These past two weeks have been both physically and mentally exhausting for me. We have constantly been on the run with another event constantly to do next. Last night, being able to go to bed at 11:00 PM was a strange feeling for me. Even after getting all of my tasks done, I felt as I was supposed to be doing something else, since I haven’t been able to go to bed before 1:00 AM this whole trip. Going to bed early and knowing I would get to sleep for at least 8 hours was a great feeling. I knew I would be able to wake up fully rested and make up for the lack of sleep over the past weeks. But PSYCH! I was just as tired as I was when I woke up after getting only 2 hours of sleep. Honestly, my body is playing me with this sleep deprivation. Being a psych major, I am completely aware that you literally need sleep to live, but I think that I’m proving science wrong. Whether I get 2 hours of sleep of 8, I feel like a zombie. This trip has changed my #1 craving from sleep to coffee. **Disclaimer: this is not a complaint post I am just overtired and writing whatever comes to my exhausted brain.**

No comments:

Post a Comment