Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Chania


As the first week has passed I would like to talk about one of my favorite places to go: Old Chania Town. Although this area seems to be very touristy, the scenery is breathtaking. As you walk down towards the restaurants towards the water you really start to take in all the beauty. A few of us went and got dinner at one of the restaurants s down by the water and not only was the food amazing, but the view we had while eating was the best part. When walking past the shops and as I people watch I notice that most of the people speak English. Yet, as I went towards the restaurants near the water and the Mosque, the less English I started to hear. When you go off onto the side streets you also notice how the language shifts from English to Greek. As you start to go further away from the main street, the less touristy it gets. Chania has become one of my favorite places to go, not just because of the shopping (although I do enjoy the shops very much) but because of the scenery surrounding the shops. It truly is an amazing view.

No comments:

Post a Comment