Saturday, June 29, 2019

Closing Time

As everyone is packing and people begin their journey back home I can’t help but reflect on the last 4 weeks. Thinking about all the places we’ve traveled to, friendships formed and memories we’ll all have forever. I have both learned a lot about the Mediterranean regarding politics, geography and history but also many life lessons from the experience of being here. I had no idea what was in store for this month-long program when I first boarded my plane in Boston, not expecting this personal, intense, exciting and overall family that I made while being here. Going back home and leaving everyone is something that I am not ready for, but I am thankful that I will be able to take the lessons I learned here and use them again at home. Thank you Professor Vamvakas for taking us to your home and treating us like family and for teaching us lessons I wouldn’t be able to learn anywhere and through anyone else. Thank you to the beautiful women who prepared all of our meals with love and Mr. Kapsomenos for hosting us at this beautiful institute. To my friends that were strangers to me before we arrived in Crete, words to not justify how much you all mean to me, but I think you all know how much you’ve changed my life. Everyone who I’ve met has made me grow and become a better person and I can’t thank you all enough. Safe travels home everyone :’) I love you more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment