Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Rome to Cyprus (Post 11)

Today around 1:30 AM we arrived at our new home for the next 3 days. After 2 non-stop days in Rome it felt great to lay in my bed and sleep for a few hours. Our trip to Rome was incredible and I am so glad that it was added to the program. Even though by the end of the day I was exhausted, and my feet were sore, it was all worth it. It was hard to take in all of the history and beauty that surrounded me at all times, but we all tried our best to stop at as many historical spots that we could. Going into these structures that people from all over the world, including us, come to see was such a beautiful thing to be apart of. Leaving Rome was difficult because I could stay there forever if I had the opportunity to, but now we are in beautiful Cyprus, which again is a learning experience that I wouldn’t trade for the world. 

The past week has been both physically and mentally exhausting, whether its from all the walking, lack of sleep or water deprivation, its been tiring, to say the least. Though this intense traveling has taken a lot out of me, being surrounded by such a supportive group of fellow students and incredible professor has really got me through the long days. From everyone helping each other carry bags or people buying waters to share or even a simple “how are you” when someone needs it most. Everyone cares so much about one another and it truly shows. These are people and a trip I wouldn’t trade for the world. 

Also, I attached my new favorite picture AKA the photo competition winner 


No comments:

Post a Comment