Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Suda Bay War Cemetery

When we visited Suda Bay War Cemetery I was surprised. It was very well maintained and I was surprised because they were not Greek cemeteries but rather New Zealanders’ cemeteries. It was beautiful; the cemetery was super green, clean and the clear blue water was near it. The overall experience was amazing because I was overwhelmed by how incredible it was. Overwhelmed in a good way, because at that moment I could see how people stand up and die for something that they believe. I think it takes great courage to physically stand up and fight for a belief. I greatly respect those soldiers because they have sacrificed their lives to fight and have become another reminder for the world to see that people will go to great lengths such as dying in a foreign country to show what they stand for.

No comments:

Post a Comment