Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Bonding

As ten college students in the Cretan village of Alikianos, for the past six days we have been bonding not only among ourselves but also with the surrounding environment and local lifestyle. Our daily routine is allowing us to experience and enjoy a communal and very personal way of life, that I can confidently say most of us have not been familiar with. Finally, our little and slowly growing knowledge of Greek language is helping us communicate with the lovely and welcoming women that generously share their day with us. Immersed in silence and peace, we sit around the Kapsomenos Institute, whether reading a book, chatting, or snoozing for a little while. In a way, this place reminds me of long summer days I used to spend at my grandparents' house when I was younger, bringing back that comforting and warming feeling we experience when we feel at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment