Thursday, June 27, 2019

American Victory



What this picture represents is what I call an American victory. 
Through analysis of American interventionism and what we have learned in our classes, it is obvious that America destroys as much as it creates, if not more so. As a country, we create long lasting, deep-rooted problems in regions such as the Middle East and Latin America. Then we ignore it until we can’t anymore, create a superficial victory, and celebrate it like we have changed the world for the better. During the gorge hike, I knocked over probably close to a dozen of these zen rock towers on accident. The work of many destroyed in a blink of an eye. Did I record the destruction? No, but I took a picture of the small one I made in the place of a dozen larger. 

“Look guys, we did it.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment