Thursday, July 14, 2016

Arriving in Rhodes

Long time no see blog... It has been a busy 5 days here on the island of Rhodes. I'd like to begin by talking about how different the experience here is from that of Crete. First of all, I MISS the ladies at the institute and the cats! You can definitely notice a difference leaving the very traditional village of Alikianos when spending time in a touristy city like the one we are in now. The experience in Crete was a bit more authentic probably since we were staying in such a small village that doesn't see much tourism. That is not to say that Rhodes isn't a wonderful place to be, but just much different. Also, I was amazed to see how close we are to Turkey!! I could probably swim there if I really wanted to.
                                                        The mountains of Turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment