Friday, July 15, 2016

.....
 so Rhodes is great and it has its own characteristics but I have not felt any culture shock until coming here. I just don't understand this place. The traditional culture is gone, even from just the looks of it. Maybe its because we are a touristy spot but this whole place feels like a giant frat house. Damn Germans and Sweeds everywhere, they're a bit too upfront. I miss Crete and our little village where people spoke greek first, here they just assume and say "hello" instead of "yasas" first. Which makes me sad because its harder to practice my greek. I'm afraid I'm going to loose it when I go back to the states. Maybe when I'm Vamvakas' classes I'll speak greek to him. aka hello, how are you, goodbye, thank you. hahaha its still something though. Also there's a lot (Im assuming their title) gypsies around. Mostly young kids playing the accordion sitting on the street and asking for money. I feel so bad turning my head to them. It's also upsetting because they don't know any other life. The world is weird my friend   

No comments:

Post a Comment