Friday, July 15, 2016

As this program is coming to an end, I would like to step back and thank everyone for their help informing me of some of the prior knowledge that most had coming into this program.  From a mechanical engineering perspective, I had never taken a college level policy, international relations, or history course. For this reason, at the beginning of the program, I was in a bit of a predisposition compared to most of you who are majoring in theses fields.  I was not ashamed of my ignorance and addressed it in as many places as I felt comfortable.  I really appreciate everyone's help catching me up to date on some major themes in and outside of the classroom.  I have to say that I have learned more current issues in the world throughout these four weeks than I have my two years studying mechanical engineering.  This program has enlightened me as to what is outside the box of mathematics that I surround myself in on an every day basis.  The education I leaned through this program is life knowledge that I would have otherwise taken for granted.  I would like to say that I know have a general consensus of the major issues that the politics of the world will face in years to come.  I would like to offer a specific appreciation to professor Vamvakas for not only convincing me to come on this study abroad program, but organizing dozens of activities and excursions and tying all of them into a classroom setting where we discussed and educated each other. I think I speak for all 16 of us when I express my appreciation for all that you have done for us throughout this program. 

No comments:

Post a Comment