Sunday, July 10, 2016

I Passed Greek class!!  I have never been much of a literary, nor am I good at learning new languages so I wear this D- with pride!! I think Ill stick with using Greek letters in mathematics however.

The other day, we visited a Penelope Gandhi cooperative.  Here, women have been making cloths and blankets for generations with cotton looms.  They teach their children how to make beautiful work just as their mothers taught them.  I found it quite interesting how they related the rebirth of a silkworm into a butterfly to the handmade love that they put into each one of their pieces. They explained the process of making textiles as a mini economy where everyone has a different job from extracting the raw materials to sitting at the loom.  It is a shame that modernization will one day ruin the demand for such lovely works of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment