Friday, July 15, 2016

June 18, 2016

Today, the rest of the students arrived to the institute and it finally struck me that I don't know most of the people on this trip. There are 16 people on this trip with 16 different personalities and we are supposed to stay with each other for a whole month. I don't believe that it will cause problems, but it does make me excited to see what the month brings. So far, the villagers have been nothing but kind and welcoming and all of the students seem excited to embark on this adventure. I am slightly nervous about the food, but beyond that I am also excited for everything that is coming and I hope to make friendships that last with people from the village. I also hope to gain some form of understanding of what it is like to like in Greece and how everyone is managing and evolving in response to the economic crisis that took place last year and that still lingers today.

No comments:

Post a Comment