Sunday, July 10, 2016

We arrived in Rhodes this morning at 5am.  I’ll have to say it wasn’t a bad way to spend my 20th birthday! I am amazed at the Mediterranean style of ship docking.  There are only three points of contact: one anchor in the bow and two stern lines.  This allows for incredible stability in calm seas; however, I can imagine it may be a bit challenging in rough seas.  When we arrived in Rhodes, I was a little disoriented due to a lack of sleep but we managed to make it off the boat and onto a serious of taxis which brought us to the hotel.  With a few hours of sleep, we set off to a castle down the street where we were able to explore and get lost.  I enjoyed exploring the ancient castle today and I am excited to see more of the islands history throughout the week


No comments:

Post a Comment