Thursday, July 7, 2016

Tuesday most of us went to Santorini for the day.
Through the sea sickness and early wake-up call we were able to enjoy the day. Santorini was beautiful and definitely worth seeing. However, going to Santorini after spending a few weeks in Crete really opened my eyes to the differences between the Greece we've been in and the one that most tourists see. Some things were the same, however I was disappointed by the artificial feel of the streets, where we heard more English than Greek. I think the perspective most people see when they travel here is one completely different then the one we've been able to experience. In all honesty, I couldn't spend too much time in the towns we saw in Santorini, after seeing the the genuine and modest towns in Crete. The trip made me appreciate the institute, Alikianos, and Crete even more than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment