Friday, July 15, 2016

July 9th, 2016

Today we have a long ferry ride ahead of us (13 hours to be exact)! I've never been on a ferry ride for that long so I'm excited to see how it goes. I'm also really excited to see what Rhodes is like. Prof. Vamvakas told us we'll only be 2 minutes away from the beach and we'll be staying in a hotel. It's also a bittersweet day because we have to leave Crete and the amazing people we met here. I don't want to say goodbye to any of the women that work here or Kapsomenos because I think I might cry. The way they took us in and treated us as if we were part of their family/children is unbelievable. You can feel the warmth and kindness they put into everything they do. Whenever we would wake up or come back from our excursions there is always food on the table and they always had a smile on their faces. I hope they like the gifts we got them, I wish we had been able to give them so much more. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep in touch with them or even see them again some day and I hope they know how incredibly thankful we are for everything they have done for us.

P.S. Happy Birthday Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment